Cosmetic Dentistry in Markham
Looking for a Markham Cosmetic Dentist? At Filgiano Dentistry, we want to the best dentists you like. Give us a call and we’re happy to answer any and all questions about general or cosmetic dentistry.
Cosmetic Dentistry in Markham
At Filigiano Dentistry, we believe you should wear your smile proudly.
But sometimes, it’s more complicated. Do your teeth:
- Have stains?
- Experience discoloration?
- Chip easily?
- Break down?
- Have poor alignment?
- Have odd shapes?
- Have gaps between them?
Fortunately, Markham cosmetic dentistry can repair your teeth, making your smile shine in a brand new way. If you’re looking for a cosmetic dentist or have questions about restoring your smile, your favourite Markham dentist can help you.
Types of cosmetic dentistry
Cosmetic dentistry is all about making your teeth look their best. Not only can cosmetic dentistry improve your smile, but it can also increase your confidence and potentially have therapeutic benefits. Here are some forms of cosmetic dentistry:
- Implants: Dental implants are artificial teeth that replace missing or damaged ones. In most instances, a titanium screw will be inserted into your gums and jaw, then a crown placed on top. The results are indistinguishable from your natural teeth.
- Inlays and Onlays: also known as indirect fillings, Inlays and Onlays involve filling damaged or decayed teeth with gold, porcelain, or ceramic composite. Inlays are bonded to the centre of a tooth, while Onlays cover the tooth’s entire surface. Both Inlays and Onlays help restore your tooth’s shape, provide support and prevent further decay.
- Teeth whitening: One of the most popular forms of cosmetic dentistry, teeth whitening involves having your teeth cleaned by your dentist, then applying a bleaching agent to whiten your smile. Teeth whitening can be performed in a single visit to Filgiano Dentistry.
- Veneers: Veneers are “shells” made from porcelain or resin bonded to your teeth to help resolve several dental issues. Everything from crooked and cracked teeth to unwanted gaps between teeth. Veneers are custom-made and usually constructed from medical-grade ceramic.
- Bonding: if you suffer from tooth decay, worn edges, or chipped or cracked teeth, bonding might be the solution for you. This process involves the decayed area of a tooth being drilled out, then applying a composite resembling the tooth’s original colour. The composite will then be sculpted to the tooth’s natural shape and hardened using high-intensity light.
- Crowns: crowns are placed over a damaged or decaying tooth, helping to restore the tooth to its original look. Another advantage of crowns is that they help prevent weak teeth from breaking and help hold together damaged or cracked teeth.
Whatever cosmetic surgery or dentistry procedure you choose, it’s essential to properly clean and care for your teeth once it’s done. We’ll show you the correct technique for caring for your teeth and schedule regular appointments with you to ensure they are kept clean and healthy.
How much is cosmetic dentistry?
The cost of cosmetic dentistry procedures varies based on your wants and needs. For instance, teeth whitening is often the cheapest way to brighten your smile, while veneers are often the most expensive. We can give you an estimate based on the health of your teeth, your current concerns, and provide options to suit your budget.
Does insurance cover cosmetic dentistry?
While some insurance plans cover cosmetic dentistry procedures, not all do. If you’re looking to have a procedure done, take the time to speak with our team. We can provide detailed information about what the process will cost, which you can then discuss with your insurance provider. If specific procedures are prohibitive, we can work with you to find alternative methods to restore your smile.
Is cosmetic dentistry worth it?
Simply put, most cosmetic dental procedures aren’t essential. However, they do offer a broad range of benefits. Typically, the number one reason our patients choose cosmetic dentistry is to have a picture-ready smile. Still, it can also lead to better hygiene (because you’ll take better care of your teeth) and headache relief if you have misaligned teeth. Studies have shown that it improves self-esteem, too. Most cosmetic procedures are fast, easy, and painless.
Is cosmetic dentistry painful?
Our Markham dentists use less invasive techniques and attempt to conserve as much of your natural tooth as possible to avoid any and all discomfort. With the latest advancements in technology, it’s never been more comfortable and convenient.
Whether you’re looking for a family dentist in Markham or are looking for cosmetic dentistry work, Filgiano Dentistry strives to be the dentists you like. From our friendly staff to our bright, comfortable environment, we work hard to ensure your smile is given the special care it deserves. Our dentists in Markham will work with you to understand every step of the dental work you receive, and we are happy to answer any questions you might have.
Book with us today
Our Markham dental office remains open and we continue to do more than the recommended measures to keep you safe.
It will always be our primary goal to ensure the safety and comfort of our patients and of our staff. If you have any questions, please feel free to call our Office Manager Jill at the office at 905-294-6444 and she will be happy to talk with you.